5 Tips for Freelancers | blog.hackshade.com
Being your own boss require good management of your professional burden.
Here are top 5 tips for the freelancers which may remind you to define the work process.
1. Use a contract on every project !
A freelancer must never work on any project without a client contract. This will give you a lead in being professional but also, to limit clients over requirements.
Things should be mentioned in your contracts :-
- Your service is original and not plagiarized.
- Client’s proprietary information stays confidential.
- Your payments agreement. (How much you’ll get paid and when during the process. Once client receives the project, they are sole responsible for any further processes on the work (e.g. campaigns, copyrights, etc.)
- You and the client has the right to terminate the services if it leads to any illegal controversy.
2. Always ask for a down payment.
Most issues about freelancing is not getting paid on time or getting conned by the client. You have been lucky enough, if you never experienced it.
Always ask for a down payment for keeping guarantee about the final payments. You must quote atleast 10% more from the cost price for any official work and deal with clarity during the preliminary discussions with the client.
3. Never be a “YES-MAN”.
Saying a YES all the time gives you a burden of pending works with no interest. This will lead to tiresome & reduced quality of your service. Always remember, saying NO will not decrease your status or show your ego. It just shows that, you are not satisfied with the terms & the agreements are needs to be changed into which it suits you and your client too.
4. Charge for taxes and business management.
If you want to be a serious freelancer, you must register yourself & charge for taxes. For every service you provide, there must be a logic about the charges you take from the clients. Structuring limits yourtrouble about the self-expenses & business expenses.
- 10% for business expense management.
- 15% for Govt. Taxes (This differs for every country).
- 15% for Emergency Savings.
- Left over gains to your personal & living expenses.
5. Work on Trends.
Today’s trend is creativity & what clients require are only god knows. Always follow the market trends of your field. Missing freelance projects are the only outcome of an old minded freelancers. Always be updated with the market trends to give unique & creative solutions to your clients.
To know how to start a freelance business, watch the video below:-
We hope you like our blog & will support us in moving forward because “Every View Counts…”
SUBSCRIBE OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL :-
Like, Follow & Share | Keep supporting blog.hackshade.com